1) Rose Cafe is an iconic restaurant in the heart of Venice, serving locals and travelers alike since 1979. Today, 36 years later, new owners and chef Jason Neroni (Superba, Catch & Release) are taking over the reins, looking to keep the roots of the Rose that the community knows and loves, while introducing Neroni’s seasonal, globally influenced cuisine. Be sure to be on the lookout for some familiar faces from the original Rose Cafe staff!
2) Keep Venice close and the community even closer!
- Our intention is to keep the community close and partner with local brands we love.
- We partnered with local brand Buck Mason (located on Abbott Kinney) on a custom Henley
- Hedley & Bennett created three custom aprons pulling from colors in the spaces (Fun Fact: Jason was one of Ellen Bennett’s first customers when he opened Superba)
- Patrick Johnston from Hot Soup Ceramics special made all of our plates, bowls, and vases
3) Love us, inside and out…
- The space includes indoor and outdoor dining with a beer garden, a full market, bar and bakery.
- Miwe oven from Germany
- Wood burning rotisserie (will have nightly rotisserie meats to go and different selection of meats on the menu to dine in)
- Wood Fire Pizza Oven from Modena (not only for pizza!)
- 40-foot bar with cocktails by Julian Cox and Nick Meyer will be open late night 7 days a week
4) Jason Neroni got his first kitchen job working in Disneyland’s Club 33
5) VIP FARM SITCH
- Neroni is working with a private farmer (Farmer Kelley) from Eclectic Acres in Riverside, CA
- He has his own plot especially for Rose where they are already growing sun chokes, blossoms, and more!
6) Our artsy-roots…
- Rose Cafe will continue to celebrate the art of the community through collaborations with big name local LA artists for different works/Murals around the space.
- Original Rose Murals are being preserved and maintained on the building exterior and interior to honor the heritage of the restaurant
7) Look for the ’79 logo around the space, which represents the restaurant being established in 1979
8) The Rose was originally an abandoned gas company dispatch office
9) The bakery, helmed by Jacob Fraijo and Christina Hanks (Quince, SF) under the mentorship of Alen Ramos and Carolyn Nugent, will celebrate American classics.
10) Mhhhhmmm so good! The Rose Bakery is committed to bake in small batches throughout the day in order to offer our guests the instant gratification of beautiful and delicious freshly baked pastries and breads